Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The day has come!... almost

The countdown is finally over. My AFS experience has officially started. I am currently located in the LA La Hacienda Hotel and have gone through my first orientation. Pretty normal stuff I was expecting, a little boring, but definitely necessary for the company. Wow, this does not feel real at all. As I am writing this I am thinking to myself I am leaving my house and everyone I love for 5 months!  It hits me real fast and I cannot believe it for a second, but then all of a sudden I am flooded with the oddest sensation. I can not describe it, but it just does not feel like I am leaving.  When I first found out I was going the idea of me leaving was crazy and absurd, but then I got used to it and it seemed just a sort of fake idea. Three months before departure my mom asked me if it felt real yet and I said no but maybe a month before I go. A month before I left came and my sister asked me if it felt read and I said no maybe the week before it will. Well it turns out it never felt real and it still doesnt. I do not think it actually will until I meet my family and attend school for the first day. WOW WOW WOW WOW this is SO FREAKIN WEIRD!!! I do really for ready for it now though, I have been mentally preparing myself for this for a long time and here it is.

I am coming for the Land of the Long White Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment